Washington, DC, Office – REMOTE
The National Hispanic Leadership Agenda (NHLA), established in 1991, is a nonpartisan coalition that brings together more than 40 national and regional Hispanic organizations, elected officials, and prominent Hispanic Americans to raise public awareness around the major policy issues affecting Latino communities. NHLA’s mission calls for unity among Latinos in the U.S. to provide Hispanic communities with greater visibility and a clearer, stronger influence in our country’s affairs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to support the coalition’s leadership and policy work, and assist with the NHLA’s LatinasRepresent Initiative, which aims to increase Latina participation and representation in public service and leadership opportunities.
- An interest in public policy, gender equality, current events, and issues affecting Latino communities in the United States;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Willing to work as part of a small team under tight deadlines and shifting priorities;
- Strong writer and researcher;
- Fluency in Office and Google Suites;
- Working knowledge of visual design tools like Canva are a plus;
- Social media savvy and experience in digital communications are a plus;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Research, edit and draft blogs for website;
- Track news relevant to Latinas and issues affecting Latinas in the U.S.;
- Assist with social media related stories and events;
- Conduct interviews with Latinas in politics;
- Assist in the building of media toolkits;
- Draft press releases; draft social media visuals and posts;
- Attend meetings;
- Write memos;
- Assist with the coordination of events;
- Provide administrative support to the LatinasRepresent Program Manager.
Quarter/Semester: 24+ hours per week
Summer: 35+ hours per week
Unpaid. Interested applicants should apply for work-study or fellowship funds through their school.
Send cover letter, resume, and a 3 to 5-page writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and “NHLA Women & Public Policy Internship” in the subject line.
Attached documents should be in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Intern applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. A limited number of positions are available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up to date with the latest news and events from LatinasRepresent.